Monday 26 September 2011

Today is the day..

Today is the day I start a blog. I toyed with the idea in the past before but the thought never lasted more than 5 seconds. To me it just seemed like it would be one more thing to worry about/another password and username forgotten. We've all been there before and it's frustrating.

However due to a recent life changing experience, now is the perfect time for me to get all my thoughts/feelings down, so in a couple years when life gets too busy for me to sit and just think, maybe I'll stumble back upon my blog, read my first post and nod with a pleasant smile across my face, remembering my first international vacation with my amazing girlfriend.

I should probably note that right now there are about 5 million things going on in my head and its super hard for me to jumble all of those thoughts together into an actual idea, so this first post may be a little messy and scattered but I'll do my best to keep it simple so I dont ramble!

Oh boy, where do I start? ...Right, so this life changing experience that I spoke of was our trip to Hong Kong on September 4th. Although the heat was very difficult to deal with, I had an absolute amazing time, so amazing that whenever anyone asks me how it was, I simply reply, "if I could go back right now, I would."  I know I could probably say that about the other remaining 235,463,325 destinations around the world but the fact I was with miggleepuff made it 100x better. If I were to cite everything we did on our trip I would probably end up in the office for another 3 hours, so Ill have to save that for later when I have some free time to jot everything down.


But for now, I'd like to talk about my feelings. Wait, What's this?! A guy wanting to talk about his feelings?! Yes, now get over it =p Not all of us are made of stone, and everyone needs to let it out every once in a while.


This last week has been a bit of a roller coaster for me, to be more specific, psychologically. Miggleepuff hasnt heard the end of me complaining ever since our return and I apologize for that =(
Ever since returning home, I've felt a sense of emptiness, just the feeling that something is missing. Some would call it "post vacation syndrome" or "post vacation blues" and I'd have to agree as I definitely fit the bill. (The lack of sleep hasnt been helping either, but I'm hoping this is resolved soon)

I cant quite put my finger on why I've been feeling down lately and why its hitting me so hard. Nobody I know has ever been depressed upon their return, so why am I being affected so much?

I guess its because the trip was so awesome I'm longing for that feeling of freedom that you dont get with a fulltime job, where you're expected to do certain things by a certain time. Maybe its because I was able to be care free and just enjoy life without worrying about waking up early or being late for work. Or maybe it was just nice to have 2 weeks of just me and Maggie. It was probably all of the above, but I know for a fact that when people get so busy with life and things that dont actually matter, they forget to sit back and enjoy the little things in life, and that's what I miss most about our vacation.


Just her, me, and our 2 weeks alone on the other side of the world. When the hardest decision of our day was where to go or what to eat for dinner









 

No comments:

Post a Comment