Tuesday 27 September 2011

Alone with my thoughts

Well, I'm not REALLY alone, but being somewhat back to my regular schedule means alot of time spent at home being antisocial. Its not that I dont want to be talking to my family, thats just how my schedule goes.

Come home from work, prep to go to the gym, go to gym, come home, wind down with dinner, prep food for next day and go to bed.

So what does this all mean? It means alot of time for me to be thinking. What else does that mean? It means that I start thinking about my previous vacation, AGAIN. I do feel that it slowly gets better day by day but I do still catch myself reminiscing here and there during the day, moreso when I'm able to just sit and think. Really Mike? Still? Unfortunately yes...

I'm finding it very difficult to get back into the swing of things. Work is just that....work. There isnt a single ounce of me that wants to be there, and right when I walk in the door I start counting down until I can leave.

My Sleeping patterns havent fully returned to normal, but they're getting there. I dont feel like the walking dead when I leave, so I guess that means progress. I'm just hoping thats actually my body adjusting and not only the sleeping pills working. The good news is, ever since this super case of jetlag has got me down, after some reading on the internet it seems that this is completely normal, and the severity varies by person.

Maggie and I are starting to discuss our next mini getaway, its no Hong Kong but its a place we've been to quite frequently and we both enjoy the relaxation that comes with this destination just south of the border.
I have to admit, even discussing our next trip feels like a warm summer morning: It feels good. It temporarily brings me out of this depressive shell that seems to have me encapsulated. 

With October upon us, that means Halloween preparations are most likely underway with anyone that still wishes to party. It may seem like it will be a boring halloween at home for me, as my friends have no idea what they're doing, and in recent years that usually means that nothing will be planned so they'll just do their own thing. This slightly irks me because whenever I'm unable to do anything is when all the action happens. When I'm ready to go out with the guys and chill, nobody is around. Secondly, going back to school also means a very limited social schedule, so time is of the essence. Being a full time student once again also means that I will have the bank account of a student ($0) and very little free time.


Goodbye future 2 years of my life, I wish we would've had the opportunity to spend some time together

No comments:

Post a Comment