Thursday 6 October 2011

School

It's been almost 3 weeks since we returned home from our trip and things feel normal again. I still do occasionally daydream of our trip, but the post vacation syndrome has definitely subsided. I also find I'm not bitter about the weather anymore, I've just come to accept it.

As of late I've been quite stressed about my upcoming school career and how I'm going to survive, how I'll pay for the necessities and most importantly how I'm going to get around. Back in 05/06 I didnt have a car or a license, and had to bus to school. Luckily someone I knew was in my class and I carpooled with him everyday. However on the days I had to stay late to finish work, or he would leave early etc, I'd be left at the mercy of our transit system.

Ive been exploring the student loan route and gathering any info I can, but its super frustrating. The government wants to know EVERY SINGLE detail of your income and any assets you have so they can "assess" your situation.

Now the more frustrating bit, my options arent too great and there have already been a few bumps in the road. The tech entry program doesnt show up on the BCSL online application section, so does that mean it's not an eligible program for a loan? According to the BCSL reps I've spoken with it SHOULD be on there, so I had to fill out some online forms and BCIT will be contacted electronically to help me find the program, or fill out a form for me and send it back to BCSL. So what does that mean?

MORE WAITING and wasting time! Time that I dont have.. I need to get an application in asap due to their "assessment wait" of 4-6 weeks, not to mention the time it would take for snail mail to go back and forth. (If it comes down to that)

I'm starting to think I should just get a loan from RBC, it seems a little more hassle free, but from what I've read you're required to pay the interest WHILE you're a student. Sort of defies the purpose of a loan doesnt it? I mean, how is a student expected to pay ANYTHING back if they have NO MONEY? Something doesnt add up here.

Anyway, since I only have a few months of freedom left, I've really been valuing time alone with Maggie. I have no idea how much I'll get to see her when school starts, and if I'm unable to insure my car it will be impossible to see her whenever I want to. A part of me is starting to think school isnt the best choice, especially if I'm not guaranteed any career upgrades

No comments:

Post a Comment